Mason Jar Chandeliers
Add a little drama to your garden party with simply stunning mason jar chandeliers that could not be more simple to make.
What You Need:
- Wire baskets or a small grill grate
- Mason jars (I used two sizes and six jars for each chandelier)
- Twine or fishing line, for hanging
- Cut two long lengths of string for each mason jar to allow for the desired hanging height and adjustments. Wrap your string around the neck of each jar a couple of times and tie in a knot on one side. Tie another piece of string with a knot on the other side. Repeat for all your jars.
- Put the jar rings on each jar to help secure and hide the string.
- Hang your basket or grate at the desired height with twine or fishing line.
- Starting with the center, tie your jars to the basket or grate. Use differing lengths and alternate sides to keep the chandelier balanced.
- Stand back and take a look at your handiwork. Is the basket hanging level? Adjustments the placement of the jars until you are happy with the look.
- Fill your mason jars with flower steams or bulk baby's breath from the flower department of your local store. For an evening garden party, light up your chandelier with a little sand and a tea light in each jar.