Brazilian Shrimp Soup
Warm, creamy and full of bold flavor, this shrimp soup is an easy and delicious way to incorporate a different protein into your weeknight dinner rotation.
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Mushroom Umami Herb Seasoning Rub
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- In Dutch oven over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add shrimp and seasoning rub. Cook until pink and slightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pot. Sauté onion and bell pepper until softened. Stir in garlic and rice. Cook until fragrant.
- Add crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, tomatoes and water. Simmer about 10 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Stir in coconut milk and shrimp. Continue cooking 5 minutes, until warmed.
- Serve with parsley. Refrigerate leftovers.