Butternut Squash and Black Bean Tacos
Try these vegan-friendly tacos for your next Meatless Monday (or any day of the week). Butternut squash and mushrooms are roasted together, then placed in corn tortillas and topped with colorful veggies…all in just 30 minutes.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½”-1” cubes
- 1 container (8 oz.) sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place butternut squash, mushrooms and onion on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Bake 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time, until tender.
- Fill tortillas with roasted vegetable mixture, black beans, cabbage, jalapeno, green onion and cilantro.
- Serve with a lime wedge and refrigerate leftovers.