Gluten-Free Peppermint Swirl Fudge
Candy cane lovers will simply adore this minty, swirled-to-sweet-perfection fudge.
Serves: 64Prep: 1 hour 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons peppermint candies, crushed
- Line an 8”x8” baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, salt, marshmallow and milk. Bring to a boil, while stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the white baking chips and peppermint extract.
- Stir until smooth, then pour fudge into prepared pan. Randomly place drops of food coloring over fudge. Cut through fudge with a knife or toothpick to swirl. Sprinkle with peppermint candies.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, until set.
- Lift fudge out of pan, then cut into 1” squares. Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.