Kung Pao Shrimp with Noodles
Simple, fast and full of spicy flavor, this shrimp and noodle stir fry dish is sure to become a family favorite.
- 7 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pound (26/30 count) shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped, to serve
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté green onions and ginger 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp; continue cooking about 3 minutes, until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to plate.
- In same skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté bell pepper and broccoli until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and broth. Stir in soy sauce, chili sauce and sriracha. Add to skillet and heat until warmed.
- Add rice noodles and shrimp. Toss to combine.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and peanuts. Refrigerate leftovers.