The Kroger Company Coupon Policy
The Kroger Co. Family of Stores accepts paper and digital coupons. Customers who choose to participate in the digital coupon program are required to have a digital account with a valid, active Plus Card. Kroger Co. Associates or partners are prohibited from setting up or otherwise maintaining a digital account not specifically linked to that Associate or the Associate’s household.
A valid Plus Card or an Alternate ID is required to access a digital account in order to use digital coupons at the time of purchase.
Digital coupons and offers are deducted from a Customer’s total purchase prior to paper coupons or any other discounts, and cannot be added back or removed once the Card has been scanned.
Coupon Acceptance Criteria:
- Limit one Store/Manufacturer coupon (paper or digital) per item purchased
- Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon from the manufacturer
- All coupons will be accepted at face value on the purchase of the correct description on the coupon:
- Expired coupons will not be accepted
- We do not accept coupons presented on an app or mobile device. We only accept digital coupons found on our App or our website.
- We do not accept coupons that are copied, blurry, out of proportion, altered, or that will not scan at the point of sale
- We limit coupons to three (3) of the same coupon per day, per household, unless otherwise noted restrictions on the coupon
- If the order total is negative from coupon use the balance will be added to merchandise return card
- Internet Coupons/Print at Home Coupons (PAH) — Additional restrictions:
- “Free Item” Internet coupons can be accepted if all purchase criteria are met
- Only one internet/PAH coupon per item will be accepted
- Internet coupons may be limited to two (2) coupons per Customer in a single day
The store manager has the right to accept, decline or limit the use of ANY coupon or offer.