Vitacost Alpha Lipoic Acid & Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl Targeted Wellness Capsules
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid & Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl?
Alpha Lipoic Acid & Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl is a combination formula featuring two well-known antioxidant nutrients. Antioxidants are substances that help protect healthy cells throughout the body from free radical damage.*
Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) has been called a “universal antioxidant” because it is effective as an antioxidant in water-based substances such as blood, while its reduced metabolite dihydrolipoic acid (DHLA) is effective in protecting fatty tissues and membranes.*
Acetyl L-Carnitine is the acetyl ester of carnitine, an amino acid derivative, and is distributed throughout the central and peripheral nervous system.
ALA and ALC are known as mitochondrial antioxidants that can provide anti-aging nutrition.* Mitochondria are the “power plants” of cells, providing the energy necessary to fuel a broad range of cellular processes.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Alpha Lipoic Acid & Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI?
- ALA may promote cardiovascular health by protecting against free radical damage.*
- ALA and ALC can help to maintain blood pressure levels already within the normal range.*
- ALC has been shown to reduce both physical and mental fatigue associated with aging.*
- ALA enhances the antioxidant activity of vitamins C and E and coenzyme Q10.
- ALC is a precursor to the important brain neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which contributes to the support of cognitive function and memory.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ratings and Reviews
Smith’s Food and Drug is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.
ReviewsAverage Customer Rating4.54(111)5(86)4(14)3(1)2(5)1(5)