Vitacost Alpha Lipoic Acid with Biotin Dietary Supplement 300mg
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid with Biotin?
Alpha Lipoic Acid with Biotin is a combination formula supplying 300 mg of alpha lipoic acid plus 3,000 mcg of biotin per single-capsule serving.
Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a natural compound that functions as a co-factor in vital, energy-producing reactions.* The body produces very little ALA on its own, and it is difficult to obtain sufficient quantities from diet.
Biotin is an essential B vitamin, also known as vitamin H. It is a water-soluble vitamin that is not stored in the body and must be continually replaced.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Alpha Lipoic Acid with Biotin?
- ALA is well known as a powerful antioxidant.*
- It has been called a “universal antioxidant” because it is effective in water-based substances such as blood, while its reduced metabolite, dihydrolipoic acid (DHLA), is effective in fatty tissues and membranes.*
- ALA enhances the antioxidant activity of vitamins C and E and coenzyme Q10.
- ALA may increase levels of glutathione, the body’s most important antioxidant.*
- ALA may promote cardiovascular health by protecting against free radical damage.*
- Biotin supports the breakdown of fatty acids into energy for the body.*
- Biotin supports the action of enzymes that affect the skin and intestinal tract.*
- Biotin may help strengthen brittle nails.*
Vitacost® Alpha Lipoic Acid with Biotin is a targeted wellness solution - just for you.
- Supplies both ALA and biotin in one easy-to-take capsule
- Supplies 1,000% of the Daily Value for biotin per each single-capsule serving
Potency • Purity • Pride
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.