Vitacost Black Currant Oil Softgels 1000mg
What is Black Currant oil?
Black currant oil is extracted from seeds of the black currant plant, a shrub with large, maple-like leaves and purplish-black berries that grows throughout the midwestern U.S.
Black currant oil is a natural source of omega-3 essential fatty acid (EFA) alpha linolenic acid (ALA), and it''s also one of nature''s best sources of omega-6 gamma linoleic acid (GLA). GLA is primarily present in plant fats including borage oil, evening primrose oil and black currant oil. GLA cannot be synthesized by the human body and must be obtained through diet.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Black Currant Oil?
- Supplies EFAs, which are beneficial for many aspects of health.
- GLA (found in black currant oil) is converted in the body to DGLA, a precursor in the production of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are hormone-like compounds involved in a variety of normal body functions.
- May support a healthy immune system.*
- Supports joint comfort and mobility.*
- Promotes cardiovascular health.*
- Supplies 1,000 mg of black currant oil per 1-softgel serving.
- Each bottle contains 120 servings.
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY, efficacy and safety.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.