Vitacost Carotene Complex Everyday Essentials Capsules
What is Carotene Complex?
- Carotene Complex is an advanced carotenoid nutrition complex that derives its healthful benefits from carrot juice, lemon grass and spirulina. It includes beneficial amounts of carotenes, including lutein, zeaxanthin, alpha-carotene, beta carotene and cryptoxanthins.
- Carotenoids are fat-soluble pigments found in plants. Algae, many fungi and bacteria, as well as higher plant life have the ability to produce carotenoids. Carotene refers to carotenoids that contain only carbon and hydrogen such as alpha-carotene, beta-carotene and lycopene.
- Alpha-carotene and beta-carotene (which converts to vitamin A in the body) are responsible for the color of carrots. Beta-carotene is also found in pumpkins, mangoes, apricots, spinach and parsley. Dunaliella salina, a unicellular green algae, is another natural source of beta-carotene.
- Xanthophylls are carotenoids that contain hydroxyl groups such as lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-cryptoxanthin, or keto groups such as canthaxanthin. Lutein and zeaxanthin are plant pigments found in spinach, collard greens, kale and mustard greens. Cryptoxanthins are derived from pumpkins and mangoes, as well as red capsicum.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Carotene Complex with Pro Vitamin A?
- Promotes immune system health.*
- Promotes cognitive health.*
- Maintains healthy skin.*
- Promotes antioxidant activity.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Rice Flour , Gelatin and Vegetable Magnesium Stearate . ) . , Food Carotenoid Blend : Annatto ( Seed ) , Carrot Extract ( Root ) , West Indian Lemongrass ( Aerial ) , Spirulina .
Contains Beef and its Derivatives,Fish and their derivates,Carrots and their derivates,Pork and its Derivatives.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional, or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. ...
Ratings and Reviews
Smith’s Food and Drug is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.
ReviewsAverage Customer Rating4.5(10)5(7)4(1)3(2)2(0)1(0)