Vitacost Cherry Flavor Vitamin D3 & K2 Melts
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin naturally present in very few food sources. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the same form of vitamin D the body manufactures when skin is exposed to sunlight. Vitamin K refers to a family of fat-soluble compounds known as quinones. Vitamin K2 (menaquinone) is produced by bacteria in both animal and human intestines.
- Vitamin D is important for proper absorption of calcium.*
- Vitamin D is important for maintaining healthy bones, joints, heart and mood.*
- Vitamin D supports immune system function.*
- Vitamin D may also play a role in helping maintain breast, prostate, colon and cognitive health.*
- Vitamin K’s aids in the production of Gla (gamma carboxyglutamic acid) proteins
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.