Vitacost Oregano Oil Dietary Supplement
What is Oregano?
Oregano (Origanum vulgare) is a perennial plant belonging to the mint family, native to northern Europe and the Mediterranean. Its name is derived from the Greek “oros,” which means mountain, and “ganos,” which means joy.
A popular culinary herb, oregano is often in used Italian, Spanish and Mexican cuisine. Its warm, aromatic scent and slightly bitter flavor make it a great complement to tomato sauces, salad dressings and grilled fish, meat or vegetables. Oregano is popular in Italian-American dishes, especially pizza and pasta sauces.
Oregano’s history in traditional medicine dates back to Hippocrates, who recommended the herb for its antiseptic properties and for stomach and respiratory support. It was also used by ancient cultures to relieve sore muscles, skin irritations and toothaches.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Oregano Oil?
- Good source of vitamin K, iron and manganese
- Contains vitamins A and C, calcium, magnesium and fatty acids
- Contains antioxidant flavonoids and phenolic acids
- Carvacrol, a phenol, is one of oregano’s most active constituents
Vitacost® Oregano Oil is a targeted wellness solution - just for you.
- Contains 45 mg of pure oregano oil with 32 mg of carvacrol
- Guaranteed to contain at least 70% carvacrol
- Features wild Mediterranean oregano leaf
- Contains 60 servings per bottle
- Vegetarian capsules
- High quality at a great value!
Potency • Purity • Pride
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.