Vitacost Potassium Citrate Dietary Supplement 99mg
What is Potassium Citrate?
Potassium is a mineral found in foods such as bananas, orange juice and potatoes. Like sodium and chloride, potassium is an electrolyte, meaning it takes on a positive or negative charge when dissolved in fluids. Potassium helps regulate the body''s fluid levels.* It''s also important for the transmission of nerve impulses, the contraction of muscles and energy production.*
Potassium citrate is a form of potassium in which potassium ions are bonded to citric acid. Citrates are highly bioavailable, meaning they''re readily absorbed by cells.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Potassium Citrate?
- By sparing calcium from excessive loss, potassium may play a vital part in maintaining healthy bone density.*
- Evidence suggests potassium intake plays an important role in helping to maintain blood pressure levels already within normal range.*
- Potassium citrate supports a healthy acid/alkaline balance in the body, which is important to kidney health.*
Why is Vitacost® Potassium Citrate your everyday essential?
- Supplies 99 mg per single-capsule serving
- Contains 180 servings per bottle
- Great value!
Potency • Purity • Pride
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.