Vitacost ROOT2 Maitake Mushroom Extract Capsules 500mg
4.2(5)View All Reviews
300 ctUPC: 0083500300384
What isMaitake Mushroom Extract?
- Maitake Mushroom Extract is a high-quality supplement that supplies 500 mg of maitake mushroom extract, standardized to 25% polysaccharides, per single-capsule serving.
- Mushrooms are classified as fungi (plants without roots, leaves, seeds or flowers that don’t require sunlight to grow) rather than vegetables, and have been used for both culinary and health purposes for centuries. Compounds found in mushrooms are believed to possess immune-health promoting properties.*
- Maitake is a large, edible mushroom that grows in clusters at the base of trees in forests throughout Europe and Canada and in some parts of eastern America and Asia. Known for their rich, earthy, slightly nutty flavor, maitake mushrooms are popular in Japan, China and Korea, eaten both raw and cooked or powdered and incorporated into dietary supplements.
What are the key benefits of ROOT2 Maitake Mushroom Extract?
- Maitake mushrooms contain polysacchardies which have been shown in animal studies to have bioactive properties.*
- Mushrooms contain a compound called beta-glucan, which consists of thousands of glucose molecules chemically bound together.
- Animal research on maitake mushrooms (and their beta-glucan constituent, in particular) has been associated with immune function support.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.