Vitacost Synergy Aged Garlic Extract Targeted Wellness Capsules
What is Aged Garlic Extract?
- Aged Garlic Extract is a garlic supplement that also supplies lecithin. Garlic (Allium sativum) is a plant native to Asia, used for centuries for both culinary and health purposes. Garlic bulbs, the most commonly used part of the plant, contain numerous phytochemicals, including a substance called alliin.
- Alliin is a sulfur-containing compound derived from the amino acid cysteine. It is the precursor to another compound, allicin, believed to be the primary active ingredient in garlic. Aged garlic extract is made by fermenting garlic cloves for up to two years in order to break down allicin into useable compounds.
- Lecithin, found in soy, eggs, organ meats and nuts, is a compound made of fatty acids and choline (also known as phosphatidylcholine). It’s naturally present in cell membranes throughout the body. Lecithin functions as a precursor of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and has been shown to have a positive effect on brain and memory functions.*
What are the key benefits of Synergy Aged Garlic Extract?
- Garlic supports cardiovascular health and platelet function*
- Garlic maintains healthy cholesterol levels within normal limits*
- Garlic can support blood pressure within normal limits when added to a healthy diet and regular exercise*
- Garlic supports the health of the colon, prostate and endothelial tissue*
- Garlic protects against lipid oxidation*
- Lecithin supports healthy brain function.*
- Lecithin may support healthy lipid profiles when used in the 15 to 30 gram range.*
- Lecithin supports healthy cholesterol levels already within normal range when used in the 10 to 35 gram range.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ratings and Reviews
Smith’s Food and Drug is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.
ReviewsAverage Customer Rating3.85(13)5(7)4(1)3(3)2(0)1(2)