Air Fryer Mozzarella Caprese
Take a step up from mozzarella sticks by replacing string cheese with slices of fresh mozzarella, a drizzle of balsamic and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 oz. Murray's® Fresh Mozzarella Log, cut into ¼” thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil spray
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- Private Selection™ Balsamic Glaze
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Set up a breading station by placing flour, salt, garlic and pepper in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, beat together egg and water. In a third bowl, place panko breadcrumbs.
- Bread each slice of cheese by dusting with flour, dipping in egg and coating in breadcrumbs.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes. Breaded slices can also be stored frozen for up to 2 months.
- Heat air fryer to 400°F. Place breaded mozzarella pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket and spray generously with olive oil spray. Cook for 4-6 minutes, flipping once, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle air fried mozzarella with torn basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- 6. Refrigerate leftovers.