Better-for-You Corned Beef Dinner
A better-for-you twist on your favorite St. Paddy’s Day dish! Transform your corned beef dinner into a vibrant salad featuring the classic flavors you love.
Prep: 30 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1 package corned beef brisket (3 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 ounces bag romaine lettuce
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded sauerkraut, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island dressing
- Place the brisket in a Dutch oven and season with the spice packet. Add the peppercorns and bay leaves. Fill with enough water to cover the top of the brisket.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Allow brisket to simmer for 2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Once tender, allow to rest on a cutting board.
- While the meat is resting, put the romaine in a large salad bowl and top with shredded cabbage, sauerkraut and cheese.
- Slice the meat into thin strips and lay on top of salad. Top with dressing and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.