Citrus Pomegranate Ricotta Salad
Serve this bright, punchy and savory fruit salad to help balance out the rich and indulgent dishes on your holiday table.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 4 navel, blood and/or cara cara oranges
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Roasted & Salted No Shell Pistachios, chopped
- 2 tbsp. flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flaky salt and fresh cracked pepper
- To supreme the citrus fruit, cut off the top and bottom of the grapefruits and oranges. Place one cut side down on a cutting board and use a knife to peel each fruit, making sure to remove all of the white part and leaving the exposed flesh behind.
- Hold the fruit in one hand and a sharp knife in the other, then carefully cut, allowing the blade of the knife to follow the membranes of each citrus segment to release the fruit. Discard peels and membranes.
- Scatter citrus supremes in a shallow serving bowl or platter.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of ricotta over the top of the fruit, sprinkle with pomegranate arils, pistachios and herbs. Drizzle with rice vinegar and olive oil and season with flaky salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Refrigerate leftovers.