Classic Peanut Brittle
Salted peanuts help to balance out the sweet caramel coating in this classic holiday candy recipe. Using a candy thermometer to make this recipe will guarantee the brittle, shattering texture the candy is named after.
Serves: 16Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into a few pieces
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Sea Salt Roasted Peanuts
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Generously butter a rimmed baking sheet or line with a silicon baking pad, set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a 2-quart or larger heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Add butter and cook until candy thermometer reaches 295°F.
- Add peanuts and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until temperature reaches 305°F. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour mixture on prepared pan spreading to about 1/4" thickness. Allow to cool completely.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.