Green Monster Sandwich
Sometimes the right name is all it takes to get your kids interested in a dish. The combination of sweet, tangy dressing paired with iron-rich spinach, creamy avocado and crisp apple on a whole wheat sandwich thin makes this a lactose-free, vitamin-packed and not-so-scary monster of a meal.
Serves: 1Prep: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutes
- 1/2 small avocado or 5-6 cubes Private Selection™ Frozen Diced Hass Avocados
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- 1 Kroger® Whole Wheat Sandwich Slim
- Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spinach
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) Fairlife® 2% Milk
- Cut avocado into slices. If using frozen avocado, chop into small pieces.
- On one side of sandwich slim, spread honey mustard and layer spinach leaves, avocados and apple; top with other side of slim.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and pack into lunchbox with milk.