Herbs help to flavor this lean ground-round mixture. You’ll love these delicious grilled burgers. To top the burgers off, try sautéed mushrooms or onions, barbecue sauce, prepared chili, peppers, or cooked bacon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 slice crusty bread
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. ground round or ground sirloin
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Heat grill. In a medium bowl, soak bread in milk for a few minutes.
- Squeeze bread to drain off milk. Put bread back in the bowl; add ground beef, parsley, oregano, tarragon, thyme, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to combine. Mix in beaten egg.
- Shape beef mixture into 4 large patties, about 1 inch thick. Place burgers on the hot, oiled grill about 4 inches above the heat source. Grill for about 10 to 15 minutes on each side or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Toast split hamburger buns if desired. Serve burgers on buns.