Turkey and Butternut Squash Chili
Chili is a comforting, quintessential fall favorite. This version fuses the delicious flavors of turkey and butternut squash!
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes with juices
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced (about 3 cups)
- Heat oil in a 4-quart pot over medium heat. Add turkey, breaking into pieces, until cooked through. Add onion, garlic, pepper, salt and pepper. Cook 2-4 minutes until vegetables are fragrant and softened. Add tomato paste, chili powder and cumin; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, black beans and butternut squash; bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until squash is tender; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.