Vegan Vegetable Breakfast Bake
This breakfast bake is loaded with fresh flavors and different textures for a vegan breakfast that’s sure to satisfy. The chickpea flour mixture acts like an egg layer, and the vegan cheese adds creaminess.
Serves: 9Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed if frozen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups meatless sausage crumbles
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup vegan cheese shreds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare an 8”x10” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the potatoes and onion in an even layer in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Add crumbles, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook until tender and cooked through. Spread mixture over potatoes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, cashew milk, baking powder, apple cider vinegar and salt. Pour over vegetable layer.
- Spread cherry tomatoes and cheese over chickpea mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.